SimpleAuthority is a fully functional
Certification Authority, or
Certificate Authority (CA), that
is designed to be very easy to use. It generates and manages keys and certificates that
provide cryptographic digital identities for people and/or computer servers. These identities are
designed to be used in other applications such as for:
- secure two factor authentication - using a technology like
KeyVault for controlling access to Web resources
- secure email - for digital signing and encryption of email
- document signing - including PDF, Word and OpenOffice documents
- VPN access - to provide a much higher level of security than username/password access
- client SSL authentication - to control access to an online service such as a subversion repository
- server SSL authentication - to authenticate a Web server to people within a known community
- code signing - including Java archives, Windows executables, etc.
SimpleAuthority supports Windows, Mac OS-X and Linux platforms.
Unlike most CA products, SimpleAuthority does not require specialist PKI knowledge or supporting components like
an external database. It is built on The Legion of the Bouncy
Castle cryptographic library.
SimpleAuthority is free and contains no nag screens when used to manage up to 4 users. If you want to
manage more users, or if you require advanced features, then you need to purchase
SimpleAuthority contains no adware or other nasties.